"Man to man. Car to car. Legend creates new legend. The Wangan story begins now..."
— Story Mode Intro for Encounter chapter.
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 (also known as Maximum Tune 4, or simply Maxi 4) is an arcade racing video game developed and published by Namco and based on the Wangan Midnight manga. It is the fourth game in the Wangan Midnight arcade game series, and was released in 2011 in Japan, 2012 in Australia and some Asian countries, 2013 in Indonesia, and 2016 in Mainland China. This was the first Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune game to not be released outside of Asia until the sequel.
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 includes all the features from Maximum Tune 3DX+ and will feature an online system.
New 2 brand manufacturer:
- New Graphic
- New Online System
- Wangan Terminal
- More Dress-up
- Japan Challenge
17 New cars:
- Corvette ZR1
- Camaro SS RS
- Savana RX-7 SA22C
- Pajero Evolution
- Skyline Coupe 370GT
- CTR Yellowbird
- RK Coupe
- Legacy B4 BM9
- Crown Athlete
- Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX
- Cosmo Sport 110S(*)
- Celica XX 2800GT (MA61)(*)
(*)Denotes that these cars appear in Rev 1.05 or above
2 New Courses:
(All previous courses return with improved graphics and slight adjustments)
Unlike game modes from Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+, there a new mode in this series: Online Ghost Battle. Also 10 Outrun was not included in this series
Just like previous games, players progress through story mode, defeating rivals and tuning their car as they go. There are 60 stages in Story Mode.
Online Ghost Battle Mode
Like the previous game, Online Ghost Battle Mode allows players to race against pre-"recorded" ghosts of other players' from around the world earn dress-up points towards upgrading their car with aero kits, decals, etc. also you can change dressup via Wangan Terminal
The New mode also contains Japan Challenge.
Unlike other games in the previous Wangan Midnight arcade series, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 will the use of a Banapassport to save the player's data. Also one card can obtain 100 cars. The Tuning Card form the previous game can also be inserted to Wangan Terminal to transfer your data to a Banapassport.
The data transfer feature from Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+ will borrowed as well Special Tachometer (Namco and Special meter) can be used it. The rare features in this version is eligible renaming car where player can rename car like it or keep using name from 3DX+. This transfer feature only applied in Japan, Asia, Indonesia, and China version until Transfer service was ended in October 24th, 2013 (Japan and Asia version), November 30th, 2014 (Indonesia version) and December 20, 2017 (China version).
As Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 never released outside Asia, this feature is removed in North American version of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 released in 2017, thus data transfer feature from 3DX+ (like rename car, both Namco and Special meter) is ommited, forcing player start over from scratch.
The feature car rename return in Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6, now called as Name Change Ticket.
- Savanna RX-7 SA22C
- Eunos Cosmo
- RX-7 FD3S (Masaki, Feeling Team 1)
- Savanna RX-7 FC3S (Ko-chan, Koichi Kijima)
- RX-8 (Ko-chan)
- Mazda6 MPS
- Cosmo Sport 110S
- Lancer Evolution III
- Lancer Evolution V (Eiji Kamiya)
- Lancer Evolution VI (Maki Kamiya)
- Lancer Evolution VIII MR
- Lancer Evolution IX MR
- Lancer Evolution X
- Pajero Evolution
- Skyline Coupe
- 300ZX Z31 (Harada)
- 300ZX Z32
- Fairlady Z S30Z (Devil Z - Akio Asakura)
- Skyline GT-R BNR32 (Reina Akikawa, Koichi Hiramoto)
- Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R200 Club, Takayuki Kuroki)
- Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (Kazuhiko Yamamoto)
- Silvia Spec-R
- GT-R R35
- GT-R Spec V R35
- Legacy B4 BM9
- Impreza WRX STI GDB-F
- Impreza WRX STI GDB-C
- Impreza WRX STI Version VI GC8
- Legacy B4 BL5
- Alcyone SVX
- Crown Athlete
- Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (Feeling team 2)
- Supra RZ (Keiichiro Aizawa)
- Supra 2.5GT
- Aristo (Yumeko Sasaki)
- Celsior (Gen Sasaki (Gatchan))
- Hiace (High Lift Version)
- Celica XX 2800GT [MA61]
- This is first Wangan Midnight Midnight Maxiumum Tune series to feature online.
- An MT4 English version was released nearly one year after Japan version. Instead use Japan server, the International version will use an exclusive server due different version and language. The Indonesia version released following year but they use an local server (like Japan and Mainland China) instead combined with International version meaning they unable or cannot race a ghost from other region (i.e Singapore).
- The International Version had 12 countries and combined into one: Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, Brunei, Thailand, Phillipines, Korea, New Zealand, and Vietnam.
- The Japan, Indonesia and Mainland China version use an exclusive local server.
- If Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 data is created in one country/region and then played in a different country/region, game data created up to that point may be lost. To avoid complications, please make sure to use your game data in the same country/region in which you originally created the data.
- This will be that Malaysia can compatible with Singapore or Australia due use same server and each other. This only applied for International version.
- The Indonesia/Japan/Mainland China version only compatible with same region and using exclsuive local server meaning that they cannot compatible with other region.
|Wangan Midnight Arcade Video Games|
|Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+· Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4 · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5DX · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5DX+ · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 R · Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 RR|